If you are an affable and talented entry to mid-level web engineer with excellent attention to detail who enjoys a flexible, fast-paced work environment then Ample is the right fit for you. Help us bring digital strategy to life in the form of websites, native applications and other related technologies in a flexible and expressive work environment.
Ample is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. This position is open to candidates located in Cincinnati as well as those working remotely within the United States. Remote workers must be willing to travel on occasion when a project or company initiative requires their attendance. Salary will be commensurate with candidate’s experience. The team operates on East Coast hours.
Must be eligible for work in the United States.
Looking for proven experience in the following competencies:
- Modern JS build tools (ex. Webpack, Gulp, Rollup)
- CSS modules, pre & post-processors, etc. (ex. Sass, Less, PostCSS)
- CSS frameworks (ex. Foundation, Bootstrap, Bourbon)
- Working with REST-based APIs, Webhooks, etc
- Headless CMS (ex. Contentful, Dato) and related Jamstack platforms (ex. Netlify, Vercel)
- Static Website Generators (ex. Jekyll, Eleventy, Hugo)
- Cloud services (ex. Heroku, AWS, Google Cloud Functions, Azure)
- Server-side languages & frameworks (ex. Ruby on Rails, Laravel, .NET)
- Basic principles of TDD and continuous integration
- Database technologies (MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB)
- Web servers (Node.js, Apache, Nginx, IIS, etc)
The ideal candidate will have:
- An eye for design—you don’t need to be Rembrandt but some sensitivity to basic design theory and general principles of online user experience is mandatory.
- Obsessive attention to detail—we are not interested in double checking every line of code, or your emails for that matter.
- An ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment—we are a small agile team, and thus require someone who can roll with changes and hit the gas when it’s time to move.
- Effective and proven time management skills—you have to be someone we can count on to deliver on time, every time.
- Top-notch communication skills—the kind you use to engage team members, interact with clients and... you know... be a great co-worker.