Sorry, tiger... this position has been filled.
Are you a mid-level designer who’s capable of creating digital experiences that are engaging and intuitive? Sweet! Ample is ready to fill a full time position. You’ll work closely with our design team, writers, project managers and developers—an extremely talented, senior-level team—to bring digital strategy to life in a flexible and expressive work-environment.
Our ideal candidate identifies themself as a creative problem solver who is driven to design digital products that meet the business objectives of our clients. That passion, in combination with an all-hands-on-deck attitude, is what we’re after.
Ample is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. This position is open to candidates located in Cincinnati as well as those working remotely from other regions of North America. Remote workers must be willing to travel on occasion when a project or company initiative requires their attendance. Salary will be commensurate with candidate’s experience.
You need these skills (to pay the bills)
- Exemplify a love for design
- Create easy-to-use, thoughtful interfaces from the starting point of a strategic white-paper, wireframe or prototype
- Design with scalability and modularity in mind
- Versatility to work on a variety of digital products (web applications, websites, marketing materials, etc) for an array of industries
- Bolster design decisions by leveraging common UX patterns, workshop exercises, user testing and industry findings
- Understand responsive web design with particular attention to mobile experiences
- Be an active participant in concepting and design critiques
- Engage in regular meetings with peers such as status check-ins, stand ups and reviews
- Communicate effectively through multiple channels – Slack, email, video conferencing and phone calls
With all that in mind you’re gonna need to have...
- A great ear – we need active listeners who will ask damn good questions
- Obsessive attention to detail — we are not interested in double checking every pixel of layout or your emails for that matter
- The perseverance to see creative through to the very end – you have to uphold the integrity of a design with a bend-but-don’t-break composure
- An ability to adapt to changing demands in a fast-paced environment — we are a small team and require someone who can roll with changes and hit the gas when necessary
- Managing your time and to-do list effectively — you have to be someone we can count on to deliver on time, every time
- Top-notch communication skills — the kind you use to engage team members, interact with clients and… you know… be a great partner
While it goes without saying, we’re going to say it anyway
- Experience with Sketch, familiarity with Adobe products
- Familiarity with file sharing services like Google Drive and Dropbox
- Responds to design critique with poise and consideration
- Be a self starter who is constantly looking to improve their craft, their team and themselves
Skills that are not required but would separate you from the pack
- Experience with other UX tools like Zeplin, InVision, XD, Framer, Axure, etc
- UX research and documentation (journey maps, user stories, IA, etc)
- Experience conducting user testing
- Familiarity with site builders like Squarespace or Webflow
- Incorporating animation or motion into an experience
- Enthusiasm for writing
- Presenting work to clients and/or public speaking